Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lavender Lattice


I wanted to enter the Die Cutting Challenge on the Moxie Fab Blog ( http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/01/cool-tools-week-die-cutting-challenge.html ) and I am very fond of lattices.  The idea of white wood lattices with vines and flowers growing on them is so romantic.  I just want to sit under them and drink tea (silver teapot, china cups and a servant to bring them of course).


My goal was to use these corner dies to create lattice squares.  Two of the dies in this set are symmetrical and created squares (more or less) with a wonderful woven look.  It is harder than you would think to keep them square and even.


For the two unsymmetrical dies, I tried a different look.  I used the corners as corners (how inventive!) and also made rectangles with four of them.  The last corner die I used to make a medallion which ended up looking like a cross, so I will give it to my friend to celebrate her baptism.


Supplies
Patterned Paper – lavender print unknown, pink print and green print from Creative Memories
Cardstock – Coredinations Gemstones in Amethyst
Stamps – Hero Arts “Flourish Wave with Hearts”
Ink – Clear embossing with Ranger “Bridal Tinsel” powder
Dies – Sizzix Architectural Accents
Fibers - Horizon Fabrics lavender ribbon, Archiver's die cut trim, JoAnn cream ribbon
Flowers – Prima Got Flowers Deux, The Paper Company Studio metal flowers, Hero Arts flower gems
Other – Rhinestones, Sakura Gelly Roll pen


1 comment:

  1. Hey Cynthia! Thanks for linking these up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete