Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sweet Sugar Coated Embellishments

The last challenge.  I was so tired on Stamp A Faire day by this time, but I was also sorry for it to almost be over.  I am also so tired today as I finish this last project.  I had my sentiment all cut out from my Silhouette, then I saw Danielle's instructions and wished I had a die.

Although my glitter ended up with a red/pink tint and I have little pieces of Score Tape everywhere, I like this technique and my card.

Products:  Cardstock - PTI Spring Rain & Lemon Tart, patterned paper - Recollections, glitter - unkown

Limited Ingredients Challenge

This was one of only two projects I got done on Stamp A Faire day.  Probably because I already had the 'ingredients' we were allowed all ready to go and because I made a card instead of a scrap page.

As you can probably tell, I had a lot of trouble stamping the happy birthday background.  Finally, I just had to go with it and move on.  I really wanted to use an embossing folder and my Silhouette.  This challenge was harder than I expected.
Products:  Cardstock - PTI Aqua Mist & Melon Berry, DCWV grey, unknown gold; stamps - all Hero Arts; inks - Hero Arts, Colorbox, The Rubber Stamp Factory & Memories

Creating Scent-sational Cards

This was definitely the highlight of the day.  The stamp set is wonderful.  I can't wait to get it next month.  I was intrigued by scented embossing powders when I saw them in Stampin' Up's catalog.  It is even more fun to make your own.  Even hubby was impressed with this technique.

Products:  Patterned paper - Deja Views & a scrap from SEI, cardstock - PTI Orange Zest & unknown white, scent - orange Kool-aid

Custom Accents from the Oven

The samples the design team provided were fabulous.  Mine did not live up to its potential. 

The orange glitter got lost in the blue beads and the design of the die cut label got lost in all of it.  I am afraid to touch them in case the ink smears since I didn't have a Staz-on pad and I don't know if my marker is permanent.

Products:  Patterned paper - Deja Views, shrink plastic, beads - Suze Weinberg's BeaDazzles, stamp - PTI On My Couch, canvas stickers - Little Yellow Bicycle, button - PTI Lemon Tart

Gallon:Quart:Pint Challenge

My turned out more like gallon, pint and tablespoon. 


Products:  Patterned paper - Deja Views, cardstock - PTI Raspberry Fizz, letters - Bazzil, button - PTI Lemon Tart, bakers twine - The Twinery

A Sprinkle of Salt

I had actually seen this technique before but never tried it.  It was also fun to finally use the watercolors I purchased years ago.  The rainbow was just a test to get the colors right and see how the salt looked.  When it was dry, I decided to use it. 

I like the sentiment, but it gets lost on the card.  It goes in my 'to be fixed' box. 

I am looking forward to trying the watercolor over salt technique soon.

Products:  cardstock - Stampin' Up, watercolors - Niji, sentiment - PTI Blossom Button Bits

Mixing Mists to Match

Although I like the commercial mists better than my homemade one, I really like being able to make my own colors.  I choose to match/coordinate with the green circles on my patterned paper.  I stamped and embossed rows of dots first, then sprayed with my very own custom made mist.

Products:  Patterned Paper - Deja Views, cardstock - PTI Vintage Cream, letters - Bazzil, stamp - PTI Round & Round, inks to make mist - asst. Posh Impressions (by Ranger) and Distress Vintage Photo

Rolled Dough Designs

This was a hard challenge since I don't have many dies and only one PTI die.  I liked the ideas of kneading in color, kneading in glitter, and of using a texture plate.  I ended up doing something really simple.  I took the piece I had dried overnight and cut it using my one PTI die.  I then stamped it (it stamps great!) and mounted it. 

I will make more for the other three days of the trip.

Products:  Patterned paper - Deja Views, cardstock - PTI Enchanted Evening & American Crafts cream, stamp & die - PTI Fillable Frames #1, alpha stamps - Stampendous, clay - FIMO air light

Tea Staining Techniques

For my take on this, I decided to follow Betsy Veldman's idea and dye tags with Kool-Aid.

I discovered that lemonade mix does not make a good dye.  I had to add a few drops of yellow food coloring to get any color.  Hubby called these tie-died so I guess I succeeded even though I was going for a color gradient by dipping the lemonade yellow tags into the cherry Kool-Aid.  The strings were also dyed.  Discovery #2 - Kook-aid dyes light, not good for bright deep colors.

This was a fun experiment, but I think I will stick to dying with tea and coffee.  Much easier and no colored fingers.

Products:  Patterned paper - Deja Views, tags - Stampin' Up, cardstock - PTI New Leaf & some green from Coordinations when I ran out of New Leaf, string - unknown.

Breakfast Bake & Take

Well, it is hardly surprising that I didn't make it up at 5am to see the first challenge as it aired.  Lots of fun color combos and sketches.

Here is my take

I decided to work on the scrapbook I hoped to have done by 8/26.  Not much chance of that, but my new due date is mid-September.

I did get my muslin soaked and my paperclay rolled and dried.  I was always good at getting my homework done :)

Products:  Patterned paper - Deja Views, cardstock - PTI Enchanted Evening & scraps of off-white.

Papertrey Ink Stamp A Faire

It is finally here!  I have been planning on crafting for the day for over a month.  Hubby still does not get it, but I will bring him around.

Here is a photo of all my supplies, lined up and ready to go.

Even though the party is over, you can still see all the videos and challenges on Nichol's blog