Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tea Staining Techniques

For my take on this, I decided to follow Betsy Veldman's idea and dye tags with Kool-Aid.

 
 
 
 
I discovered that lemonade mix does not make a good dye.  I had to add a few drops of yellow food coloring to get any color.  Hubby called these tie-died so I guess I succeeded even though I was going for a color gradient by dipping the lemonade yellow tags into the cherry Kool-Aid.  The strings were also dyed.  Discovery #2 - Kook-aid dyes light, not good for bright deep colors.

This was a fun experiment, but I think I will stick to dying with tea and coffee.  Much easier and no colored fingers.

Products:  Patterned paper - Deja Views, tags - Stampin' Up, cardstock - PTI New Leaf & some green from Coordinations when I ran out of New Leaf, string - unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment