Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday Cupcakes

This fun card was inspired by a card in the Stampin’ Up catalog.  I flag all the cards I like, then make my own version of them.  This is similar to using sketches.
The fiber along the edges is called eyelash yarn.  I bought mine long ago at a show, but you can buy an entire skein at a craft store for a few dollars.  It would be interesting to see what people knit or crochet with this yarn.  The bottom of the banner looked plain so I rubbed pink ink along the edges.
The cupcake frosting is liquid appliqué.  My white turned a bit cream colored over time.  When wet it was sprinkled with raspberry Mini Mosaics by Suze Weinberg (purchased years ago), then heated to puff it up.


Supplies
Paper – pink gingham unknown, Bazzill white
Stamp – Hero Arts Cupcakes clear set, Stampendous Family clear set
Ink – Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, assorted Copic & Tombow markers, Tsukineko Serenade Pink Shades, Stampin’ Up Pink Passion
Embossing Powder – Ranger Candy Pink
Fibers – pink eyelash yarn
Embellishments – glitter glue, Suze Weinberg’s Mini Mosaics in Raspberry

No comments:

Post a Comment