Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Quilled Fall Layout


I have wanted to make one of these mums since I saw them in a quilling book.  Fall seemed like the perfect time to create a layout around them.  Of course, the book said to curl every petal individually but I didn't have 3 hours to spare, so I just curled some.  The gold flowers are husked - a new quilling technique for my students.  The border is a swirl, another new technique.  The cat tails are everyones favorite.  I learned the method when I was a child at the fair.  I was recently reminded of it in a book and learned it was called bulleting.




These are the mums my students made.  I think they surpased the teacher!



Supplies:
Cardstock - BoBunny Chiffon Flourish Double Dots, brown velvet flocked paper (now discontinued, darn!)
Ink - Tattered Angels Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Limeade, English Ivy and Aspen Yellow
Papers - Assorted colors of 1/8" quilling paper, 3/4" pumpkin quilling paper, orange copy paper sprayed with the above inks for the large mum
Accents - large sequins from Hero Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment