Tuesday, June 21, 2011

90th Birthday

For the front I die cut round and long balloons and punched smaller oval balloons.  I glued each color family onto a base, using foam tape for the last two layers.


I added matching bakers twine to each set and adhered them to the front of the card.  I wanted 90 balloons, but there wasn’t enough room.  The ladies name and age were added to the front with stickers.


What a great opportunity to use my pop-up cake die!  I made it with pink dotted cardstock decorated with ribbon and fuzzy trim.


It came out more oval than round and the tops don’t open flat, but I think it is pretty good for my first one.  One of the ladies said it looked like a cruise ship, which it does – maybe another use for this die!  In order to keep the card closed I glued a little Velcro on each side.


Supplies
Paper – Bazzill Walnut Cream, Die Cuts with a View Cram & White, BoBunny Flamingo Double Dot, scraps of many colors and patterns
Dies – Sizzix Cake, Three Tier 3-D (pop-up), Accucut round and long balloons
Punch – Martha Stewart oval balloon
Stamps – Hero Arts Happy Birthday, Penny Black Live Life
Ink – Tsukineko Serenade Pink Shades
Embossing Powder – Ranger Embossing Tinsel Bridal
Bakers Twine – Divine Twine
Letter Stickers – Creative Imaginations Strawberry Sorbet Alphabet

No comments:

Post a Comment