Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Butterfly Pavilion

My ladies group went to the Butterfly Pavilion in Denver.  I had no idea they had spiders and undersea creatures in addition to butterflies.  When I saw the letter stickers with butterflies on them, I knew they would be perfect for this layout. I stuck them onto ribbon to make them stand out more.  My hubby bought me the large butterfly punch as a gift when he had to cancel our picnic.  The top butterflies are layered over a cut out solid butterfly.



This page focuses on the spiders.  I didn’t want it to look like a Halloween page so I stayed away from those colors.   The webs are hand drawn and the spiders are stamped.  The central spider is backed with velvet (AKA flocked) paper to bring out his fuzziness.  I thought only dangerous spiders were fuzzy – did you?  I don’t remember where I got the die cut spider, but there are dies available to make your own.  The subtitle is on confetti vellum. 


The vellum for the starfish has shells on it and for the butterflies it has flowers.  The top of the shell vellum was cut with “wave” scissors.  If I could redo it, I would move the “starfish” subtitle to below the photos so it doesn’t interfere with the main title.   The little butterflies are punched from cardstock with a vellum overlay.  The corners of the floral vellum are punched with a scallop design on top and have little butterflies punched out on the bottom.  If I would have punched butterflies out of the top, they would have been upside down.


Supplies
Background paper - Wordsworth
Dies – Martha Stewart Large Butterfly, EK Success small butterfly, Creative Memories scallop corner punch
Scissors – Fiskars Wave
Letter Stickers – K&Company SW Botanical
Rub-on Letters – Wordsworth Broken Blues
Spider stamps – Hot Fudge Studio (what a great name!)
Vellum – confetti from JoAnn, shell & floral I bought too long ago to remember

1 comment: