Monday, June 20, 2011

Vacation Bible School Prep

Since the main duty was cutting stacks and stacks of things out, scissors had to play a part in the layout.  I found a die, but $7.50 was too much to pay.  I also found some really cute sewing themed paper that had scissors I could cut out, but the paper was too nice to cut up.  I ended up with a stamp - $1.25 was a great price, it came with a glue bottle and a flask stamp, and I can use it for lots of other projects.


The background paper I chose has crosses on it.  They are subtle, but go along with the Vacation Bible School theme.  The photos were cut into an oval to focus on the people and work, and to go along with the round tables.  I wanted the titles to look like they were being cut out so I made slits and glued the scissors so it looked like they were cutting the titles.  The scissors were made by embossing the blades in sliver on black cardstock and the handles in clear on orange cardstock and gluing them together.  Instead of cutting out the handle centers, I punched a hole – much faster & easier.  Didn’t they come out great?  The title frame and date decoration were made using a stencil and a marker.


Supplies
Paper – True Faith Purple Cross Collage; scraps of white, black & orange
Scissor stamp – We R Memory Keepers Science Fair
Letter & number stickers – Déjà Views Dot
Embossing powder – Zing clear, Rubber Stampede silver
Stencil – Fairy Tale Scrapbook Creations Heritage Borders
Creative Memories cutting system

No comments:

Post a Comment