Monday, September 2, 2013

VCMP #5 - Masking Tape Block Stamping




I had never heard of this technique before and was leery of trying it.  I finally decided to use a golden yellow background so it would look like farm fields in the fall with a chicken coop and chickens stamped on top.

First problem - I put the tape on the wrong way so it was vertically oriented instead of horizontal.  Second problem - the color came out too orange/bronze, shimmery, and drippy to look much like a field.  Third problem - the stamps covered up too much of the background.

I decided to go for a Fall card with a simple design.



Once it was done, I tried the technique again using four colors of mists and got two impressions out of it.  This is actually quite fun.

 
This one I embossed using copper powder.
 




Products:  Background colors - Tattered Angels mists, Ink - Kaliedacolor & Colorbox, Embossing - clear & copper powders, Stamps - PTI sentiment, Colorbok branch

No comments:

Post a Comment